The ThinkGenetic Foundation’s relevance throughout the genetics community is growing and becoming more firmly established among patients, family members, and advocacy groups as we continue to provide the necessary educational tools to understand their conditions and appropriately manage their disease.
The ThinkGenetic Foundation team works closely with patients, family members, advocacy groups, and healthcare providers to develop high-quality; patient-geared programs and materials that help educate and encourage discussion among patients and their healthcare team while empowering patients to become better managers of their own health outcomes. These programs are generously funded through individual donations and grants by industry, providers and pharmaceutical partners who share our commitment to quality patient care and consumer choice.
Each of our educational programs is subjected to critical review by our board of directors for accuracy and by our patient advocacy and support partners for relevance and ease of understanding and practical use.
Every program is designed with the purposes of:
- Understanding a full range of management and clinical treatment options for selecting appropriate therapies;
- Identifying barriers to genetic testing and receiving quality monitoring/treatment; and
- Reinforcing practical next steps to motivate change and achieve an overall improvement in health outcomes
The ThinkGenetic foundation engages in many multi-supported programs and activities that educate, advocate for, and empower patients to understand their options, access genetic testing, understand the impact of the genetic condition on them/their family members, take control of their illness, and make informed choices on the best course of monitoring and treatment for them. The ThinkGenetic foundation firmly believes that an informed patient is a stronger patient.
The Association takes pride in its current and future programs, as all activities must:
- Further its mission;
- Meet the guidelines of ThinkGenetic’s initiatives (see chart below);
- And most importantly, begin and end with patients and improved outcomes.
ThinkGenetic Foundation Patient Programs